Head of Engineering
At Jobtome we connect millions of jobseekers and companies worldwide in order to reach our mission: “Helping people get the right jobs and employers find the right employees”.
With 20 million users and more than 9 million monthly job offers, we want to transform the way people search and find work.
We truly believe in our mission and for this reason we are always seeking for the best talent to join our company and bring new sparkling ideas in our team.
We're looking for a Head of Engineering to lead, motivate and coach our team of developers in our Stabio HQ (CH).
The successful candidate will be able to make everyone in the engineering organization successful and will need to fix the issues that are getting in the way of success.
We need someone who can lead and represent our engineers and collaborate with all internal stakeholders to continue the ongoing innovation and optimization of our digital product engine.
Our Head of Engineering will be responsible for teams looking after new features deployment, stability of the core platform and the overall quality of the technology infrastructure, QA and documentation.
What you will do
- You are a great manager and a great team builder. An excellent recruiter, a great communicator, and a great issue resolver
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering teams as well as the management and execution of site/software development projects against delivery commitments and project plans
- Play a mentorship role to key engineering personnel, assisting in their duties upon request, and constantly promoting the growth of their technical and professional skills
- Develop and deploy strategic plans with regard to the technical development of sites/software and establishes the business’s technical vision that guides all aspects of technological development
- Report on status of site/software development, operations, quality, and system performance to senior engineering leadership
- Experience building high-performance distributed systems
- An understanding of the value derived from shipping code rapidly to production and learning/iterating on the results
- Solid knowledge of data structures and algorithms and excellent programming skills
Who you are
- Master’s degree in Computer Science and or relevant field.
- Have at least 5+ years of experience in managing large software engineer teams
- Demonstrated experience in the management of a frontend and backend team through cross-functional projects and recording project progress.
- Plays a highly collaborative role where clarity in communications will largely determine the effectiveness and efficiency with which cross-functional duties are executed. Communication skills will also be necessary in the drafting of progress reports for senior engineering management, which must be clear, concise, comprehensive, and easy-to-understand.
- Competitive compensation
- The opportunity to do a job that is socially useful in a fun workplace and helping every month thousands of people worldwide get the right job
- Free daily skipasses, cinema tickets, beach resorts entries
- All-expense-paid trip to celebrate your 3 years in Jobtome
- Up to 3 days of volunteerism
- Flexible working hours
- Company sponsored dinners
- PlayStation games, fierce ping-pong competitions and relax areas
- Free drinks and snacks in our Lounge
- Budget for books/magazines/online courses
- Discounts on train tickets
More about us
Find out more about us and our innovative way of working on our website http://weare.jobtome.com and on our Instagram profile https://www.instagram.com/lifeatjobtome/
Would you like to help millions of people find their perfect job? Join us and be part of our exciting challenge!